I'm suffocating
Your shadow is above me
Waiting
Pleading
You want my wings clipped
So I can't explore
You want my heart caged
So I can't love
Your desire roars
Flames licking mine
Stealing my breath
Setting a fire beneath me
The shackles are closing
Panic claws inside me
Is this love?
Tears fill my cavity
In my lungs
I'm drowning
I want to reflect the lights around me
If you go out
I'm left in darkness
Shackled to the nothingness
That was us
I'm diseased
My love is greedy
Consumed by desire
To be free and needy
On the inside, looking out
I see them take flight
I want to follow their light
But I'm caught in your snare
I stare out into darkness
As you lay at my back
Your body curved around mine
Warming me, capturing me
I'm diseased
Broken
My love isn't enough
I'm nothing
Spring is here
Your reach finds me
Buds are blossoming
Petals are unraveling
You bring my scent to your lips
A taste, a smell
You pick them one by one
They fall around you
Leave me where I lay
I can't be placed in a vase
Between the red rose and the carnation
Leave me among the wild flowers
I want to smell the sun
Feel the breeze
Watch the dedicated bee
To live in a field, untouched
No comments:
Post a Comment